Understanding Bank Transfer Timing.
When transferring money to a bank, XTRM chooses the lowest cost and fastest route for you. Some countries have lower cost bank transfers than others. If there is no low cost route available (such as low cost ACH in the US) then we will send via SWIFT or WIRE.
- Bank transfers can take from 2 to 7 business days. This does not include weekends when banks are closed.
- Exotic currencies can take up to 14 business days, occasionaly more. This does not include weekends when banks are closed.
Unfortunately, XTRM has no control of the time that bank transfers take or how quick returns come back to us. We really wish we did! Please try to be patient and understand that if you did enter incorrect information your money will bounce back and be credited to your wallet.
Where Has My Bank Transfer Gone?
After you initiate a transfer there are only 2 outcomes:
1) The bank details are correct and it will be successful. > 99.8%
2) The bank details are wrong and it will be returned. < 0.2%
Please read these points:
- Of the < 0.2% of failed transfers, almost all are caused by entering incorrect bank details. Please be really careful when linking. A very few are rejected for compliance reasons.
- In the USA make sure you are using the correct ABA routing number for ACH. Some banks have 2, one for ACH and one for WIRE. Please use the one for ACH. If you are not sure, please ask your bank.
- We don't know it has failed until it is returned. There is no way around that. That is the way EFT works.
- Return time takes from a few days to a few weeks or sometimes even longer for foreign transfers.
- We can request a bank trace but that often takes longer than waiting for a return.
- Once funds return we instantly credit the users wallet and notify them via email of the issue.
- Users with returns need to delete and carefully relink their bank.
- In some cases we will delete their bank for them.
- Managing companies can delete and relink banks for their customers.